July 22, 2007

"kelly day"

Last Saturday, i decided to spend some time with me. Partly because everyone else was busy, or not intown. But partly because i like having 'alone time'. But that doesn't mean just hanging around the house, oh no. I got out and about. I took some pics so you could tag along!
Here's me starting out. Got my music and my backpack...

Well, it's Saturday so the first stop is a tag sale. I saw a shirt that i liked, but i didn't buy it. One of my favorite parts about "kelly day" is to see how little money i can spend. I know, i'm weird.

Then i stopped at Nica's Market. I already had a sandwich but i needed some 'chippies' and water. p.s. these chips are TASTY!

This is just a house i really like and i finally took a picture of it!

This is Audubon Street; one of my favorite streets in New Haven. There's a great coffee place, a sweet (but expensive) bead store, and the school where i took my painting classes, all on this one street!

Next stop: the New Haven Free Public Library!! Without a doubt, this is one of my favorite place in New Haven! I can "waste" a lot of time here.

Here's me in the art sertion. I spend most of my time there and the dvd section.

I found myself a couple of books...

After the library, i walked across the New Haven Green. They were getting ready for a concert that night. i think it was Patti Austin.

Another picture of the Green.



I just kind of like this part of the sidewalk...


Yes, it's the Bow Tie Criterion Theatre! i decided to go to the movies by myself. i've probably only done it 3 times in my entire life. it's not what i prefer but i had fun today. p.s. i also had a gift card for $5 so i got to see the movie for $2!

Here's me in the women's restroom. Ok, strange. But i liked the tile colors, though you can't really tell in this pic.

Do you think i'll find a seat?!

While waiting i decided to read some more of my book. Don't laugh, the book is WAY better than the movie!

Here's a pic i took on the way home. Kind of nice...

Another pic on the way home...

A pic of my slightly tired feet.



I had a friend's birthday and i was in charge of making the cake. So "kelly day" only ended up lasting till 4ish but that's cool. I'll make it up to myself later! :-)

No comments: