January 20, 2008

Resent South Africa Update....

Hello everyone, I just wanted to keep you up to date with my up-coming trip to South Africa. I was in Texas for the holidays and I had a chance to speak at New Hope and New Rivers. From the feedback that I’ve heard, it seems that both went well. J At New Hope, I was also able to display some of my artwork and sell it to help fund my trip. I sold 6 paintings and raised $800! I still have some left, if you want to take a look, please check out my blog: www.kellyjoramsey.blogspot.com I still need about $1100 for my ticket and art supplies. If you are interested in partnering with me and the work that is happening in South Africa, please take a look below. I have a ticket reserved for January 30th so I can be there by the first of February.
Also, I’m looking for anyone who feels called to helping me monthly. I lost one of my biggest monthly supporters right before Christmas. She lost her job, so you can understand why she had to stop. I will have to pay about $300 for rent while I’m there, plus food and gas(for getting around). If you are interested in helping my monthly, please see below. On the plus side, somebody will be renting my room out in New Haven, so I don’t have to pay for that while I’m gone. You can also pray that my car will sell. I felt like God is asking me to give it up, so it’s on Craig’s List. Of course, if it does, the money will go towards my trip!
Thank you all for the prayer and financial support that you have all shown me through these past few years. I know that this trip is the next step that God has for me, and it makes it so much easier knowing that I have the support of my family and friends. I won’t be able to mail any updates while I’m there but I will be updating my blog and I will have email access. Please email me if you want to be on my email list. Otherwise just check my blog, I hope to update it once a week. J Thanks again for all your help!

*kellyjo

To contact me:
203-887-8375 cell
andimvanessa@hotmail.com

1 comment:

C.R.I. For India said...

Kelly Jo---you are too cute. And, your pictures are really funny! We love and miss you around here!
Love, B Jean