February 26, 2009

memories of india...

Today i did some henna, or mehndi. Henna is a paste made from a plant that temporarily dyes the skin. Which is great for me because i don't think that i want the 'permanent' part of a tattoo but i still like 'decorating' my skin. I use bring out the henna during a girls night and i end up tattooing just about everyone. But today, i just did it on myself - which is not all that easy...

This is what it looks like when you first put it on. The longer you leave it on, the darker it will dye the skin. I try to leave it on at least 2 hours. I can't take credit for this design, i got it off the internet - as i do most of my henna designs...
After the henna dried, you flake it off, wash with soap, and put on some lotion. This will actually get a little darker by tomorrow.


No comments: