March 16, 2009

this is what happens when you're resourceful...

I have this chair. It's a great chair. It's from Ikea originally, but i found it on the side of the road. It's cream so there were a few small marks on it. I had loaned it to some friends because my (current) room is too small for it. But my friends have moved so they returned it. I've decided to keep it in my room even though it's a little too big. But, because of the cream color, there's a few more marks on it - it's not my friends fault, it would have happened if i had kept it. Ikea has a cover for it but i don't need to spend the money. I could buy some fairly cheap material to try to cover it myself, but with all my "crafty-ness", sewing is NOT one of my talents. So, i'm trying something that does use my giftings. Sharpies! (one of my favorite mediums!) I'm just starting with the little pillow that goes on the chair to see how i like it. I decided to use various henna (mehndi) designs. This is my canvas...



this is about halfway though...



this is the end product, for now :-)



2 comments:

Britt said...

Can I send you some pillows to decorate for me??? I love it. I love to see your wonderful artwork. Thanks for sharing!!!

Rachelle said...

I love it!!