July 7, 2009

for those of you who don't have facebook...

i posted some of these pictures on my facebook account. i realized that not everyone has an account - or is one of my facebook friends. So i decided to post them on my blog too! These are pictures from my quick trip to Germany, before i came to Switzerland. My friend, Anne, took me to Koln (pronounced like cologne) where we visited The Dome - a church building that was started in 1248 but wasn't finished until the 1800's!

The Dome...



the back of The Dome...

just a really funky fountain near the Dome...

me and Anne...

inside the Dome...


this guy is just chillin'...


crazy-cool pipe organ...

one of the many beautiful stained-glass windows...

one of the beautiful cobble-stone streets in Koln...

the Rhine River...

there was just so many gorgeous buildings in Koln...


the West Gate... i think...


the Koln train station...

we then took the train to Dusseldorf...

this building had a wonderful chocolate shop on the first floor. very tasty!

No comments: