October 28, 2009

oh baby!

I've had the privilege of creating paintings for some of my friends nurseries. Some of them have been gifts, but some were commissioned (and bought) by the baby's mom :-) I like being able to give my paintings away as gifts, but it's an honor to be requested to paint - and a little scary! I've had 2 friends now, that have requested a picture for their nurseries and just gave me the colors and told me that they trusted me. I'm always a little nervous at first but once I get an idea, I start to get excited! Plus there's something fun about painting for kids/babies. One of my biggest influences is Mary Blair, and a lot of her art was for children's books, cartoons (Disney), and advertising for products for kids. Always very whimsical and fun. As I'm trying to figure out exactly what I'm to do with this gift of painting, I'm enjoying being able to use it to brighten up some baby rooms - maybe that's it :-) Feel free to contact me if you know of some more nurseries! Anyhoo, here's Evy Rankin's painting...


1 comment:

hana said...

Cool-!

but ... where are YOUR paintings? =(