January 3, 2010

new medium?

So, i've got this big bunch of grey linen.

Earlier this year i decided that i wanted to paint on something different, for a change. I went to a local (new haven) vintage shop and looked at scrap fabric. I look through several different scraps including this gorgeous grey linen - although, it really wasn't a "scrap", it was more like a bundle. But since it was cheap and i was looking for some grey material, i bought it. I've used it a couple of times with acrylic paint...


and then, just mere days ago, I wondered what it would look like if i tried my watercolors on this beautiful grey linen. I loved it!! And since i really enjoy my 'lines', i used a some Sharpie :-) These are my first two, of many, maybe...





2 comments:

Brittany Deniston said...

I love the watercolors!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!